Back to Whatcom County home page Whatcom County | Departments | Contacts |  Help |  Search
 Auditorheader image
  Auditor Home  | Elections  | Licensing  | Recording  | Internal Audit

Information   Licensing Division


Disabled Parking

Licensing Fees

Licensing Forms

Moving to Washington

Canadian Vehicles


The Auditor’s office has been appointed by the Governor's Office as an agent of the Washington State Department of Licensing.

The Whatcom County Auditor's office issues titles and registrations for automobiles, trucks, trailers, boats, and other motor vehicles.  Our office also issues and transfers titles for mobile homes. 

Vehicle records are not accessible by the public. You are only able to access information regarding your own personal vehicle/vessel.

Washington State Department of Licensing Home Page      License plate image link to DOL home page

Changes to licensing modified off-road motorcycles - effective January 1, 2012

Washington State Law now requires all motorcycles originally manufactured as off-road motorcycles to submit additional information in order to complete registration. To complete registration bring the following into any vehicle licensing office:

  • Your completed Motor Highway Use Declaration form
  • A copy of the receipt showing you paid for the safety inspection
  • The title for the motorcycle. If the bank has the title, you'll need to work with your bank to get the title.


Vehicle Licensing Office Locations

Driver's License Office Locations

Other License Types

Marriage Licenses